World

Yerevan has already paid a one-time payment to 80,000 displaced people from Karabakh



The Armenian authorities have already paid the promised 100,000 drams (about $250) to 80,000 Armenians who left Nagorno-Karabakh after the Azerbaijani operation. Prime Minister of the Republic Nikol Pashinyan announced this on Facebook (part of Meta, which is recognized as extremist and banned in Russia).

“The promised 100,000 drams have so far been paid to about 80,000 beneficiaries forcibly displaced from Nagorno-Karabakh,” he wrote.

The funds will be paid to the remaining displaced persons as their card accounts are opened, the prime minister explained.

On October 12, Pashinyan said that Armenia allocated already $100 million to support Armenians who left Nagorno-Karabakh. Some of these funds have already reached their recipients, the other part will arrive in the coming months as part of various support programs.

Baku carried out “anti-terrorist measures” in Nagorno-Karabakh on September 19–20. As a result of the conflict, by October 1, 100,514 ethnic Armenians out of 120,000 nominally declared by the NKR authorities left the region, most of them settled in neighboring Armenia. At the same time, representatives of official Baku held several meetings with the delegation of Karabakh Armenians regarding the living conditions of those remaining, whose exact number is not known. On October 12, Pashinyan said that about 2,500 displaced people had already left Armenia for third countries, expressing hope for their return in the future.

Russian President Vladimir Putin, commenting on the situation around Karabakh, said on October 13 that Russia is ready to facilitate the conclusion of a peace treaty between Armenia and Azerbaijan, in particular to hold negotiations in Moscow.

https://myboxingnews.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button