Since the beginning of the year, 357,000 military personnel have been recruited for military service in the interests of the united group of Russian forces. This was stated by Deputy Chairman of the Russian Security Council Dmitry Medvedev at meeting on issues of supplementing the army with military personnel accepted under a contract.
“According to the Ministry of Defense, from January 1 to the current date, more than 357,000 people were accepted in the interests of the joint group of troops. This, naturally, is everyone: both those who are in reserve and have signed a contract, and those who came as volunteers,” he said.
The deputy chairman of the Security Council assessed the pace of recruitment under the contract as “not bad,” expressing hope that it will be maintained in the future.
On October 3, Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu announced that military service under contract and in volunteer units from the beginning of the year accepted more than 335,000 people. In September, more than 50,000 Russians signed a contract.
Earlier in October, Shoigu spoke about the formation of nine reserve regiments for a special military operation. According to him, they are regularly replenished by contract soldiers. Recently, according to him, 38,000 volunteers have been recruited into the troops to carry out combat missions in the special operation zone. There are many women among them.
During the partial mobilization, which was announced on September 21, 2022 and continued until the end of October, 318,000 people were mobilized. A large number of volunteers wanted to go to the combat zone, Russian President Vladimir Putin explained at the time. After that, he said that the issue of mobilization was “at an end.”
October 3, 2023 Shoigu statedthat the General Staff does not plan to carry out additional mobilization; there are enough military personnel in the army to conduct a special operation.