More than 6 thousand people are missing after Israeli strikes on the Gaza Strip. RIA Novosti reports this , citing the information office of the government of the Palestinian enclave.
“To date, more than six thousand people, including more than four thousand children and women, have disappeared under the rubble as a result of Israeli aggression in the Gaza Strip,” the press service said in a statement.
Prior to this, the executive director of the UN Children’s Fund ( UNICEF ) , Catherine Russell , said that about a million children are in the Gaza Strip.
She said “many” children were missing and believed to be trapped in the rubble of collapsed buildings and homes, “a tragic result of the use of explosive weapons in populated areas.”
The situation in the Middle East escalated following the infiltration of thousands of Hamas militants from the Gaza Strip into Israel on October 7, when Hamas announced the launch of Operation Al-Aqsa Flood. In response, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu announced that the country was in a state of war.
The goal of Israel’s response Operation Iron Swords was to repel the attack, free over 200 hostages, including foreign ones, and destroy Hamas. As part of achieving this goal, Israel carried out massive rocket attacks on the Gaza Strip from the first day of the operation. At the same time, the Israeli National Security Council decided to stop the supply of water, food, goods, electricity and fuel to the sector. Humanitarian aid supplies to Gaza began to be carried out through the Rafah checkpoint only after October 20, and their volume is called insufficient.
On October 27, Israel announced an “expansion” of the ground operation in Gaza. It is not known exactly when the operation began, but in the lead-up to it, hundreds of thousands of Palestinians fled their homes and moved to shelters and the south of the enclave.
Russians who previously fled the Gaza Strip spoke about life in the war zone.https://myboxingnews.com